178

178

Tuna salad for breakfast?

I wasn't too sure, but I gave it a go.

I've eaten lox for breakfast. I've had crab cakes sub for ham in eggs benedict. I've even tried kippers (and will never do that again).

Monday morning, I added about 2 ounces of Avocado Tuna to a bowl of Israeli breakfast salad. Not bad. Maybe too much onion (red onion in the tuna salad and red onion in the salad).

A little gaseous later in the morning, but nothing worse for wear.

By Wednesday, I was sold.

Again this week, I never felt hunger pangs. I ate either raw almonds or a cup of mixed fruit around 9:30 a.m. Lunch, well, I went out to lunch twice, once had a grain bowl with salmon the other time a chicken caesar salad. The other days I brought salads to work with lots of vegetables (zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion) and chicken.

I'm not really hungry by the end of the work day. A couple of times I forced myself to eat a snack. The other days I went without a late afternoon snack.

The Fourth of July was an 1,800-calorie day. Mostly meat protein (four chicken drumsticks, three hot links--no buns). But I ate veggie salads and bean salads as sides and didn't have any dessert.

No weight loss. No weight gain.

I'm not waking up at night hungry. That's great. I feel satisfied throughout the day and really have no reason to binge on snacks or at meals.

Next week, I'm going to introduce 3g bread and mix up breakfast a bit: Mixed berries and a mini muffin egg.

Comments