178 + 3 grams of fiber = a good mix


Still at 178 and loving it.

I started eating bread with 3 grams of fiber this weekend. Also, I took sandwiches to work for three days out of five.

So far, so good.

The late night hunger has mostly disappeared. It returned when I tried going back to my old low-level fast. I ended the day with an intake of 945 calories. I ate six ounces of protein (breakfast and lunch) that day. I've been adding protein to three meals and ending the day between nine-12 ounces.

At 10 p.m. I was ravenous. That was the first time in several weeks that I felt so hungry so late at night. I knew I should go back to the old regimen.

I am trying to mix up what I eat. This week, instead of a salad and a mini muffin for breakfast, I'm having a bowl, about a cup, of blue berries and strawberries. Raw almonds are still a staple for the morning snack. Lunch has either been a sandwich (today is chicken, tomato and sliced bell peppers). Dinner rans the gamut from salads to chicken and vegetables to homemade Chinese food.

Sometimes at the end of the work day, I forget to have a snack. I'm not hungry and I don't want to force myself to eat.

My arrival home routine has changed. Instead of heading immediately to the kitchen, I make a phone call, go outside and water the garden, do something. I may have a glass of iced tea, but I'm not snacking the minute I walk in.

I'm also eating dinner a little later. Around 8 p.m. This may be another reason I'm not waking up hungry.

I'm not gaining weight. I'm not losing weight, either, but that's OK. I like where I am.

Funny thing about size. I was having lunch with a high school friend who lives in the Bay Area. She has had some health issues in the past couple of years and was bemoaning the fact that she can no longer fit into any of her size 8 pants. She has ballooned to a size 12. She has never worn a size 12.

I've lost around 35 pounds. My pants size was 16. Now I'm comfortably wearing size 12. I've never worn a size 12.

Same size, different outlook.

Comments