177

The first week of adding more protein to my diet.  I must admit, there were days that I was skeptical.

For breakfast, I had a "mini-muffin egg." Four eggs, four egg whites, spinach, red onion, and chia seeds. I forgot the Roma tomato.

The little muffins were delicious. I continued to eat an Israeli breakfast salad with the new addition. I went from around 60 calories each morning to 160 calories. A big difference in many ways.

I felt fuller, but not stuffed. I wasn't as hungry around 10 a.m. as I had been. That said, I still ate my little packet of raw almonds during the late morning. I've discovered that, at least for me, raw almonds are a appetite killer.

I added 2-3 ounces of protein (chicken, salmon) and additional veggies (zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, mushrooms, for example)  to my salads. This added protein added a few calories to the day, but not that many. I'm calling this a 300-calorie chopped salad with protein.

By the end of the day, I'm not hungry, and kinda forcing myself to eat the cup of berries (60-75 calories) that I'm bringing as my 3:30-4 p.m. snack.

Dinners are still fairly light. The late-night hunger pangs have disappeared. Instead of between 1,100 -- 1,300 calories a day, this past week I've been eating 1,300--1,450 calories a day. When I faced the scale on Friday I was prepared to have gained a pound or so.

Instead, I was down a pound. Wow!

Exercise was about the same this past week as it has been for several months. Increase caloric take and no calories between 10 p.m. and midnight made a difference.


Comments