178...back in business, ready for vacation

All it took was a little tweak here (not so many glasses of wine or cocktails with friends) and a little tweak there (protein two times a day instead of three). Also, increasing the amount of water each day plus adding back a mix of shredded cabbage and lettuce for salads helped.

The scale is my friend again. But this wake-up call was important for another reason. It showed me that I have changed.

For one, I weigh every week instead of every year. In the past, I never wanted to get on a scale. Why get bad news?

Now, I weight once a week. I want to know where I stand. A big change that should make a difference in keeping the weight off.

I'm not afraid to experiment with what I eat and when I eat it. I'm not downing double-doubles from In-and-Out Burger, but I am not afraid of adding foods to my weekly diet without fear of falling off the wagon.

I also realized that I like having delineated food choices. Fewer decisions about what to eat and what is available make it easy to adhere to the diet.

Finally, my walking and exercise regime never let down.

So the temporary gain was a good thing.

Now on to Paris. I am allowing myself to gain three-to-four pounds. That's right, if I come back at 181 or 182, I'm not going to beat myself up because I know I can get right back on the wagon.

With Bobbi Bowman saying that we won't allow a little rain, which is predicted for one day, to stop us, I think my step count will stay high.

Comments